Addendum (2014-07-30 by Rowan): This site does not tolerate adbots. If you join here (especially with multiple accounts), your account will most likely be deleteds, and your IP and/or hostname banned. After cleaning up the memberbase for the past day and a half and seeing just how bad it'sw getting, the likelihood of any multple registered IP address not having any accounts banned is not very likely. If you have a sibling, roomate, or spouse using your IP to post here, it is highly advised that you contact an admin before getting too deep into it, so that we will know your circumstances.
The Rules and Guidelines, which can be found in the FAQ, have been re-written by Rowan and myself, with help from the senior staff.
I. Don't Dos
1. Multiple Accounts: At no time should any one member have multiple accounts registered.
If you have forgotten your password, please follow this link: http://forums.thegaminguniverse.org/login.php?do=lostpw
2. Plagiarism: Please refrain from claiming the work of others as your own. Stealing others' graphics, ideas, music, etc. for personal use is strongly discouraged.
3. Illegal Content: The posting of illegal content, such as ROMs, mp3 files, and other copyrighted materials is strictly prohibited
4. Advertising: Please do not register an account simply to advertise another site or forum. If you've got something you'd like to share, you may post links in your signature.
5. Mature Content: The Gaming Universe is an All-Ages forum. As such, we must insist you do not post pornographic material either through [IMG] tags, or through hyper links.
5. Ban-Evading: More often than not, a ban from the forum is temporary, ranging from three days to several weeks. If you have been banned, you may not register a new account.
6. Hacking: Any form of hacking into the Gaming Universe Forums' infrastructure, including chat, is strictly prohibited. Likewise, the impersonation of any member of the Gaming Universe staff, either here or anywhere else, is strictly prohibited.
II. Posting Guidelines
1. Flaming: At no time is it acceptable for a user to blatantly and personally attack another user. If you've got personal differences, keep them in private. If you are flaming users, you will be asked by a member of staff to cease immediately.
2. Trolling: Trolling is similar to flaming. A forum troll posts in an abrasive fashion designed to provoke ill responses from others. The staff will treat trolling the same as flaming.
3. Spamming: Please refrain from posting outside the current topic. If you've got something to say that's not currently being discussed, feel free to post a new thread in the forum best-suited.
a. Please keep in mind the forums are not a chat room. Please do not treat them as such.
IV. Profile Guidelines
All profiles are to adhere to the aforementioned guidelines.
The Gaming Universe staff reserves the right to alter or edit any profile fields deemed inappropriate.
Signature length is to be kept within reasonable foundries.
If you disagree with any warning you have received, you may send a Private Message to the member or staff from whom the warning was issued.
If you have been banned, and are unsure as to why, you may send a Private Message to a member of the Senior Staff.
If an appeal is not resolved, or you feel unsatisfied, you may send a Private Message to a member of the Administration.
VI. Things to Keep in Mind
No one here is above the rules. Not even members of staff.
The Gaming Universe forums are here for people from all over the world to make new friends, learn new things, and just have fun!!
This setup is essentially the same thing we've had for the past few years... It's much more lax, some of the more obscure rules have been thrown out, and it's been re-structured in a way that makes sense.
There you go ^_^