gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

Members, please note that our guidelines are located here.

gfx gfx
gfx
483714 Posts in 28336 Topics by 2658 Members - Latest Member: kavender May 30, 2017, 02:27:14 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Search | Calendar | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Sale on Steam
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Sale on Steam  (Read 197 times)

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Sale on Steam
« on: February 15, 2017, 06:33:10 AM »
ALL of the Final Fantasy games that are available on Steam are on sale right now to commemorate the 30 year anny of the franchise. I believe everything is 50% off, but regardless, most of the games are in the $7.99-$11.99 range, barring a few of the newer games. Grab em if you can!
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
  • "May the moon light your path..."
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Sale on Steam
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 07:49:57 AM »
Let's see...

FFs I'm willing to get for my PC:
FF13 (Don't have the space for it)
FF9

Maybe:
FF3 (If it doesn't have a terrible Mobile UI like FF4)
FF Type-0 (takes too much space, though)

FFs I already have on my PC from Steam:
FF10 HD
FF7
FF4 (regret it; the UI is awful.)

Don't Want:
FF13-2
LR FF13
FF8
FF6
FF5
FF4: TAY (Burn in a vat of acid, please)
MFF

So, it looks like FF9 and possibly FF3 is what I'd get.
-Aegis Runestone-
Thanks to Galadin at the Dissidia Forums for this Awesome Avatar!
My Library of Fan Stories. Come, read, and enjoy!
My ArchiveOfOurOwn.org Account
"It's better to stand for something than to fall for anything."- Snypa

Learn about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Mormon Messages

Offline Dandel

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 03:54:38 PM »
I saw the list of games, and honestly I believe some users may want to know which version is the base for the game. need to mention a few notes I can find...

• Final Fantasy III - Most likely a port of the Android version with graphical improvements.
  • Final Fantasy IV - Port of the Android version with graphical improvements.
  • Final Fantasy V - Port of the Android version with graphical improvements.
  • Final Fantasy VI  - port of the Android/IOS version with graphical improvements.
  • Final Fantasy VII ( 7 ) - This is an update of the old Windows port. This also includes a few other major features that are nice to have like cloud saves.
  • Final Fantasy VIII ( 8 ) - This is an update of the old Windows port . Most of the improvements are built-in cheat codes like they did with Final Fantasy 7.
  • Final Fantasy IX ( 9 ) - This is based on the Mobile edition with
  • Final Fantasy X ( 10 ) - This is based on the Playstatoin 4 Remaster of the Playstation 2 game.
  • Final Fantasy X-2 ( 10-2 ) - This is based on the Playstatoin 4 Remaster of the Playstation 2 game.
  • Final Fantasy XIII - This is probably based on the Xbox 360 version with improvements that only PC can have... higher end graphics.
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2 - This is probably based on the Xbox 360 version with improvements that only PC can have... higher end graphics.
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 - This is based on the Xbox One version most

Also,  I recommend looking at the Final Fantasy Wikia to find out more specifics on the per-game changes.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 07:43:46 PM »
Final Fantasy IV on Steam doesn't really have graphical Improvements.

They didn't even fix Cecil's title: he's still the Loa Captain of the Red Wings instead of the Lord Captain. >.>;

Also, the Steam version of FF6 uses the HORRIBLE GBA music. UGH. (I have two FF6 GBA carts, the one I'm playing has the restored color/sound patch on it, so I don't have to listen to the awful butchering of FF6's beautiful music).

FF7 Steam also fixed the music. It's not the midi stuff anymore, it's the original soundtrack.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 07:13:45 AM by Aegis Runestone »
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Dandel

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 08:22:03 PM »

They didn't even fix Cecil's title: he's still the Loa Captain of the Red Wings instead of the Lor Captain. >.>;

Graphics wise, the DS Graphics are better suited for higher resolution gameplay. Also, I just checked the starting introduction... It says "Lord Captain". If anything I honestly would like it if they provided higher resolution textures/models.

Also, the Steam version of FF6 uses the HORRIBLE GBA music. UGH. (I have two FF6 GBA carts, the one I'm playing has the restored color/sound patch on it, so I don't have to listen to the awful butchering of FF6's beautiful music).
You can modify the PC Edition to replace the audio. All of the audio files for music are OGG based. This means you only need to replace the relevant audio tracks.

FF7 Steam also fixed the music. It's not the midi stuff anymore, it's the original soundtrack.

The reason that the remake of final fantasy 7 on steam does not use midi anymore is that MIDI is no longer well supported on windows.

Offline Golden Warrior

• ~GW~
  • Advisor
  • Chaos Angel
  • /Empire/Vector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »
I already have most of them on Steam, I'll have to see what I'm missing and grab it. :)

They NEED to get the missing games on there like FF1, FF2, and FF12. That'll make it a true anniversary celebration IMO.
DDOEQ2
Argonnessen ServerCrushbone Server
Gustal Dymlos Human Fighter LV2Quaxialaem - Dark Elf Necromancer LV27
Woth Half-Orc Barbarian LV1Afuwkoac - Freeblood Shadowknight LV26
Kathanos Half-Elf Monk LV1 / Sorcerer LV1Zeekort - Troll Paladin LV52
ILomer - Human Gaurdian LV20
Ruliach - Fae Warden LV20
Naebiya - Wood Elf Beastlord LV29

The tediousness of paperwork makes my eyes burn and head hurt. Yet it is a necessary evil we all share. I like swords. Swords are simple. They aren't confusing or evil. Just straight forward implements of death. Have a nice day. ~GW

I like swords ~Fighter, 8-Bit Theater

Offline Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Owner
  • Archangel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 01:37:34 AM »
I already had everything but 3, 11, and 14. I bought 3, and wasn't interested in the other two.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 07:16:25 AM »

They didn't even fix Cecil's title: he's still the Loa Captain of the Red Wings instead of the Lor Captain. >.>;

Graphics wise, the DS Graphics are better suited for higher resolution gameplay. Also, I just checked the starting introduction... It says "Lord Captain". If anything I honestly would like it if they provided higher resolution textures/models.

You can modify the PC Edition to replace the audio. All of the audio files for music are OGG based. This means you only need to replace the relevant audio tracks.

They must have patched the Steam release of FF4 after I bought it because I remember Load Captain.

Ah, well, I didn't know that. FF4 doesn't (unless they changed it, which I doubt) have the SNES music, it requires an actual mod of the files to do it IIRC. So, I assumed FF6 was the same. Game they made FF6 the same as FF7 with .ogg file music.
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Magi_Hero

• Accepted
  • :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »
Don't rush for 12. I think the bootyful remaster is coming this year.

Yes, that was a bad Ashe joke.

Offline Dandel

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 09:06:39 PM »
They must have patched the Steam release of FF4 after I bought it because I remember Load Captain.

Ah, well, I didn't know that. FF4 doesn't (unless they changed it, which I doubt) have the SNES music, it requires an actual mod of the files to do it IIRC. So, I assumed FF6 was the same. Game they made FF6 the same as FF7 with .ogg file music.

Yea Updates are the beauty of the Steam release. Anyways they do use the OGG Codec for FF IV.

They didn't even fix Cecil's title: he's still the Loa Captain of the Red Wings instead of the Lord Captain. >.>;

Small Update... I was wrong about the Midi on Final fantasy 7 steam edition... It still uses midi... The steam edition includes a remastered SoundFont ( aka soundbank ) based on the original Playstation version.

Offline Aegis Runestone

• Cecil Harvey
  • Global Moderator
  • Messiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2017, 09:53:00 AM »
Uh... my copy of FF7 has .ogg files. o.o; And it's the Steam copy. I know because I LOOKED in the music folder searching for "One Winged Angel" to see if it had the lyrics, and I did find it. I played and listened to it, they have the lyrics.

I caved and bought FF9, but it's not loading for me, so here's what I posted on the discussion board:
(NOTE: Someone asked me what version of it I was using)

It's version I got when I bought this on Wednesday (Launcher says 1.00). Is there a manual download for a patch?
Yes, and also I tried both x64 .exe and the x86 .exe and basically (I set it 800x600 Windowed after using my normal res at full screen), a window pops for the game once the exe is run or I press "play" on the launcher, and then it vanishes.

Windows 10 Pro x64 Bit
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHZ (which exceeds an Intel Core Duo 2GHZ)
Memory: 6 GB
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 555M (already checked this against the card recommended in the specs, my card is a lot faster and a lot more powerful).
Space available: 31.3 GB

My computer runs FFX HD Remaster from Steam perfectly on Medium settings.

Things I've tried:
Checking for the msvcr100.dll in my Windows/WOW64 folder (I read on reddit that if that dll is missing, then the game doesn't run); it's there.
Compability modes: Windows 8, 7, Vista
Run as Adminstrator
Verfiy Cache (nothing was wrong)

I thought Steam auto-updated their games.

EDIT: I got it working, Steam was set to compatibility mode to Win8. Dunno why.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 11:42:45 AM by Aegis Runestone »
-Aegis Runestone-

Mormon Messages

Offline Dandel

• Accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 10:49:58 PM »
[... SNIP ...]
I thought Steam auto-updated their games.

EDIT: I got it working, Steam was set to compatibility mode to Win8. Dunno why.

By default steam does, however the auto-updating is semi-smart... It does not download updates while you are actively playing games, and you can also disable automatic updates on a per-game basis where it will only update when you try to launch the game.

The Gaming Universe  |  General  |  The Gaming Lounge  |  Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Sale on Steam

gfxgfx
gfx
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.
Helios Multi © Bloc
gfx