Arcade coming back?

Started by RetroCheats, September 23, 2020, 03:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroCheats

Old games, new games.. don't matter.
My only request if they do return is I'm hoping every game can track high scores, and also run.
Most worked back then, but a few were broken in some way.

Zel

Not sure if that feature is comming back or not. Would be a Zeo question.   Also the old games were all FLASH games so would probably be new ones if it did.  Also they would be working,  Zeo has no time for things that won't work.
This post brought to you by Zel.

Zeo

Arcade is coming back, but not as part of the forums.

I intend to have a full REAL arcade, with proper licenses and stuff.  I know Nintendo is not on board with any of this, so their stuff will be missing, but Capcom, Atari, and several others  have dev kits last I check I can purchase once i can save up the money.

I also Intend to Partner up with rhe real life arcade down the street.

THAT is what I intend to do, failing that, we'll see what I cans care up, but it's a Damn low priority right now.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

The hob(sic Fable)runs strong in Retail customers.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Rowan

The major problem with the arcade hack I had installed was that it was using games that weren't designed specifically for it. And the hack wasn't all that well maintained, either. Coupled with SMF automatically uninstalling any hacks before upgrading the software, it was a chore to get anything that was worth the effort.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/a3D74ZV

Zeo

And with Flash disabled it will be even more so.

it's NOT that I don't want an arade, but I Will NOT have a maintenance time sink that the last one was, I can;t afford it  financially or timewise.

Edit: The official arcade mod is no longer supported, it seems.  If I was to bring back the arcade it would be separate from the forums and have to be integrated for scores.

This might be preferable anyway.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Zeo

found and tried to install stand alones,  failed to install and/or load games due to flash.

Lao Tzu