Scheduled Maintenance Windows

Started by Zeo, September 16, 2020, 07:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeo

Emergency maintenance has been completed.

GU will be going down weekends for maintenance and possibly upgrades.  I expect down time windows to mainly be Sunday mornings from approximately 6 am-noon Eastern for the foreseeable future.

Also as is we're working at home and slow season is coming upon us at work, you may see 7-10:30 AM  Eastern Maintenance windows as well.

I have an exciting new Home Page, in mind.   I've also gotten a few offers form some old members on possible new exciting site content!  Stay tuned, Changes are coming and they're all good.

Also we will be collecting everything we can find of the OLD GU and making an archives section, while it doesn't replace the database hopefully we can retrieve some of the memories that were lost.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

The hob(sic Fable)runs strong in Retail customers.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Rowan

If you need help with learning how the current front page is coded, let me know, and I can do what I can. I don't think I still have access to the server, so I'd have to rely on any copies I might have saved on local disk.

Also, a note on updating SMF? There are two types of upgrade packages. Get the larger of the two, upload it to the forum directory, and unzip it, making sure to overwrite files, when it asks. You'll then need to use the update script that is included in the zip to update the database. Easy peasy
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/a3D74ZV