New rule effective Immediately

Started by Zeo, September 17, 2020, 08:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeo

If you register an account and you don't post with in a week of activation I WILL DELETE YOU.  Not ban. DELETE.
if you appear to be a bot, you have 72 hours.  If your email address and username are unpronounceable and not unmistakablely Non Us, you are considered a potential bot.

You will be able to re-register if deleted for this reason.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

The hob(sic Fable)runs strong in Retail customers.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

RetroCheats

fair as I'm kind of tired of dead accounts.
Hopefully this is automatically, because if we ever get a lot of members, this would get annoying to do every single time

Zeo

This is temporary, once we get busy we'll go back to email verification.  which after that is automatic.

Actually there looks like a good list of bad emails, with a free API i can use to tell the forum software to look though.

Gonna probably implement that and turn rmail verify back on.  that'll be my first maintenance update.

All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Rowan

On that note, check the restricted usernames section, I think it's called. A lot of what's in there was a response to bots spam regging.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/a3D74ZV

Zeo

i forgot to mention, HAND verification is OFF, and email verification is also off.

Apparently my verification questions are sufficeint to discourage bots.

Lao Tzu