Starting over, and database erasure

Started by Zeo, September 13, 2020, 01:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeo

Quote from: zeoRowan appears to have made a decision to remove the database, whether or not  I can convince that that is the single most destructive thing to GU he could have done, and fix it, I do not know.

I do not want Rowan in anyway, shape or form to be attacked for this.  I will not tolerate it.  He didn't do it to spite me, or delete our memories, I guess  he feels the database is community property, and that I shouldn't have it for what ever reason. I feel that this is a direct attack on every member, and what GU was.  However I did what was in my nature, and that is to pursue what I believe in, and Rowan is only doing what he feels is right, and that I;m guessing is  the idea he has that  he is  protecting the community. I want that data base restored, but apparently until Rowan decides otherwise,  he has to protect it, and I can respect that.  After the mistake I made tonight, that may be never.   I have e no control on that now,  and I apologize and take my share of the responsibility for this happening.

That being said, my penance for that will be  at bare minimum having to merge accounts when the time comes, I can accept that.

New guidelines will be up  shortly.  GU is going to move in a  new direction, and that direction is going to have be driven by me presenting options and working on the ones people use.  I want this site to be a one stop Shop, anything needed in gaming or support, we're here.  I was hoping not to have to do this alone, but that choice was taken from me. 

SO be it.

Effective immediately, per Rowan's last act as owner, everyone has a clean slate, expect Jim. 

I don't expect anyone to come back, I don't demand it, but I would hope with clear expectations, and Not having the site split between two  people from the start that this time GU won't die.  ore so then anything I feel that's that killed it in the first place, Jim's lack of effort, and refusal to do anything.

Z2e, Enhancement Engine, and Crossover have a home here, and always will.

So apparently, the database is completely destroyed, it is gone.  That is my problem now, I will deal with it.  However I rescind my edict on not bothering Rowan about it, if you have a complaint about that, take it to him in private, (and off site because I doubt he'll respond to any more pms here). I didn't do it.

As this point,  I will be clearing the ban list for the most part.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

The hob(sic Fable)runs strong in Retail customers.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Zel

And with that I am making an announcement my self.   Z-Engine, my personal multi game platform project which had always been intended to be a GU affiliate project will be formally joining GU as soon as A. Zeo accepts it, and B. The new  site comes online.   No I -will- not go into details as to why this did not happen earlier, out of respect for the community. 
This post brought to you by Zel.

Zeo

Database is totally gone, this not my doing, and i will try to recover what ever i can.

At this point i am revising original post. The origonal is stored here for archival purposes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rowan appears to have made a decision to remove the database, whether or not  I can convince that that is the single most destructive thing to GU he could have done, and fix it, I do not know.

I do not want Rowan in anyway, shape or form to be attacked for this.  I will not tolerate it.  He didn't do it to spite me, or delete our memories, I guess  he feels the database is community property, and that I shouldn't have it for what ever reason. I feel that this is a direct attack on every member, and what GU was.  However I did what was in my nature, and that is to pursue what I believe in, and Rowan is only doing what he feels is right, and that I;m guessing is  the idea he has that  he is  protecting the community. I want that data base restored, but apparently until Rowan decides otherwise,  he has to protect it, and I can respect that.  After the mistake I made tonight, that may be never.   I have e no control on that now,  and I apologize and take my share of the responsibility for this happening.

That being said, my penance for that will be  at bare minimum having to merge accounts when the time comes, I can accept that.

New guidelines will be up  shortly.  GU is going to move in a  new direction, and that direction is going to have be driven by me presenting options and working on the ones people use.  I want this site to be a one stop Shop, anything needed in gaming or support, we're here.  I was hoping not to have to do this alone, but that choice was taken from me.

SO be it.

Effective immediately, per Rowan's last act as owner, everyone has a clean slate, expect Jim.

I don't expect anyone to come back, I don't demand it, but I would hope with clear expectations, and Not having the site split between two  people from the start that this time GU won't die.  ore so then anything I feel that's that killed it in the first place, Jim's lack of effort, and refusal to do anything.

Z2e, Enhancement Engine, and Crossover have a home here, and always will.  GUr is welcome as well, bu t i think it's dev deons't want it here, didn't feel the need to explicitly mention it before beucase its "GU" fighter
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Zeo

Quote from: Zel on September 13, 2020, 03:26:00 AM
And with that I am making an announcement my self.   Z-Engine, my personal multi game platform project which had always been intended to be a GU affiliate project will be formally joining GU as soon as A. Zeo accepts it, and B. The new  site comes online.   No I -will- not go into details as to why this did not happen earlier, out of respect for the community. 

Was in the original post, you hsve access, set up what you need.

Lao Tzu