Welcome back forums

Started by RetroCheats, January 20, 2021, 07:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroCheats

I don't think I seen these forums since 2020 ;)

Zeo

Some one emptied the indexes on Christmas.  As for maintenance mode, not sure why it came back on ,  I had it running live after the attack
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

The hob(sic Fable)runs strong in Retail customers.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

RetroCheats

Guardian

I love the resilience of this site. It's like Tombstone: the website too tough to die (also so tough we have our own fight game)!

Are we going to have animated custom avatars again? Mine doesn't seem to be moving.

RetroCheats

Forgot all about avatars. Only forum I check these days.

Zeo

Quote from: Guardian on January 22, 2021, 07:53:48 PM
I love the resilience of this site. It's like Tombstone: the website too tough to die (also so tough we have our own fight game)!

Are we going to have animated custom avatars again? Mine doesn't seem to be moving.

Everything is a direct port.  If they aren't working, it's a bug i need to figure out.
Edit: I checked your avatar, and it is a png.  I'm reasonably certain that pngs can't animate with out serversidee support, as is yours doesn't animate on a direct link  either.  Try using a gif

Also as the down time, the domain host, enom, had subcontractors do the domain names.  They then took them back in house.  Somehow during that switch my account got lost.  I wasn't able to log in to correct the now missing credit card.  On thd brightside, gu is now registered fir the next 4 years, at a pretty good discount.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Zeo

Quote from: RetroCheats on January 21, 2021, 03:04:27 PM
What attack?

On Christmas day some one modified the index and backpto be empty files, hence why the forums were down whole I was on vacarion

Lao Tzu

Guardian

Quote from: Zeo on January 27, 2021, 12:54:00 PM
Everything is a direct port.  If they aren't working, it's a bug i need to figure out.
Edit: I checked your avatar, and it is a png.  I'm reasonably certain that pngs can't animate with out serversidee support, as is yours doesn't animate on a direct link  either.  Try using a gif
I did, and I just did it again. For some reason, it's changing into a PNG.

Zeo

SMF update, automatically changes avaies to png if bigger then the allowed size, I've both disabled that and raised the size limits.

Lao Tzu