gfxgfx

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

We're back!  Have Fun guys!

gfx gfx
gfx
133 Posts in 31 Topics by 12 Members - Latest Member: ScarletLupercalia September 25, 2021, 02:25:33 AM
gfx* Home | Help | Gallery | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  State of the Site adress Q4 2020
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: State of the Site adress Q4 2020  (Read 864 times)

Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Adept
    • View Profile
State of the Site adress Q4 2020
« on: January 28, 2021, 05:25:08 AM »
I;m going to try and do this at the end of each Month after the quarter ends.

So for the last 3 months of 2020:

What was accomplished

1. Migration to a host and multiple years of hosting set up.
2. Maintenance page up, and site plan made.
3. Fixing (replacing) the database errors caused by Rowan's deletion of the database (Which actually started like in July upon review of the admin logs....)
4. reserving as many names as possible for returning members.

What was NOT accomplished yet

1. Site Base redesign.
2. re-implementation of the GU reporter code and GUR.
3. Migration from SMF to a platform that can handle being a one stop shop.
4. The GU app
5. New Logo

What has been accomplished in the first month of 2021

1. Domain name secured for years to come.

Q1 2021 goals

1. Finish basic redesign of main site
2. Get GUR back up and running correctly in new design
3. New Logo finished and New GU banner Done
4. Get Zel's svc repository running.

Q2 2021 Goals.

1. Get racing subsystem operational and in beta
2. Get blogger/Writing system operation and in Beta
3. Get art gallery into operational and into Beta
4. Set up Cafe Press.
5. Finish any outstanding Q1 goals

Q3 goals

1. Finish Q2 goals and get at least once system into Release format.
2. Have saved enough money to hire an App developer to help make the GU app.

Q4 goals,
1. Get the site back to at least 1000 members, with 100 actives.
2. start forming affiliations with other websites.
3. Get non obtrusive advertising set up. (see the buttons on the bottom SMF/Helios puts on there? stuff like that.)

Ideally by the end of 2021 I want everything back up and running.  probably not going to happen given my job, but we'll see.  These goals are site wide only, and do not include any projects or personal content I will be making.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 05:30:09 AM by Zeo »
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

The hob(sic Fable)runs strong in Retail customers.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

RetroCheats

• 18+
  • Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: State of the Site adress Q4 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 03:58:59 PM »
What's your plan for getting 1,000 members? going to buy ad space or something?

Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 04:29:17 PM »
beleive it or not, we got 1000 members in under 2 years roughlymnatively orignally, I did it before I will fo it again most likely, albiet i have less time to work on it.

Also I;ma active on lots of social media, so if i get the people i know over here after i get some content, should not be hard.

I stated this  Quarterly goals thing because i need to be using GU as a "practice of best practices" as is I have a shot of controlling the web presence of an international company,  and I wanna be ready for the interview.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

RetroCheats

• 18+
  • Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 05:34:26 PM »
ahh, I see

Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 02:14:05 PM »
Crossing fingers

Unless something major goes wrong, I plan on having the base re-desgn for GU done this weekend.  then hopefully it won;t be super had to get the GUR code working.  Then i can start adding modules as I get them done

Lao Tzu

RetroCheats

• 18+
  • Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2021, 02:11:52 AM »
Still on track?

Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Chat Admin
  • Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 12:28:28 AM »
You might want to make clear to those who don't follow speed running in general what exactly you mean by racing. That was the primary reason Aliem/Janus shut you down when you first suggested it. We literally thought you were talking about (car) racing games.

Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/a3D74ZV
My personal Discord account: Bayle#11579

Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 07:11:37 AM »
I really don’t want to dignify that with an answer, as is is there was absolutely no reason Janus shouldn’t have know better.  but I can see where some members might not.

Racing means any game, as long as its the same game or set of games at the same time.

Lao Tzu

RetroCheats

• 18+
  • Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 03:58:32 PM »
"I really don’t want to dignify that with an answer"
Is that referring to the schedule?

Were in Q3 now, right?

Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2021, 03:39:33 PM »
Yes and I’m a bit behind because of the surgery, temporary redesign is done, but not completely happy with it, still think it’s more gaming suited and less corperate, but I want better.

Lao Tzu

Rowan

• Fluid Druid
  • Chat Admin
  • Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2021, 12:12:26 AM »
You are the world's worst lately at using proper English grammar. To whatever few people actually come here, still, he's talking about speedrun competitions. It's a "race" to see who finishes the game(s) first.

And since when do you know what Janus was or was not a part of? At the time, he was busy getting his own life in order.
Never say never or always. In most cases, there is an exception to anything you can think of that you might use either word in. "Most likely" and "highly improbable" in a lot of those cases would ring true, but not never/always.

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/a3D74ZV
My personal Discord account: Bayle#11579

Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2021, 02:34:39 AM »
You are the world's worst lately at using proper English grammar. To whatever few people actually come here, still, he's talking about speedrun competitions. It's a "race" to see who finishes the game(s) first.

And since when do you know what Janus was or was not a part of? At the time, he was busy getting his own life in order.

I was only talking about speed running all the between like 2006 and 2012 when i got to busy to keep after it?

Also I see nothing grammatically wrong with that sentence .
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 02:36:59 AM by Zeo »

Lao Tzu

RetroCheats

• 18+
  • Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2021, 03:02:51 AM »
You are the world's worst lately at using proper English grammar.

I accepted this as the way he speaks.

Us old members don't matter anymore. Rowan, no need to be so harsh, as it's Zeo's site now.
it's all going come down to Zeo's ability to heavily advertise these forums and if the new members love this place or not.
I check in every now and then to see the progress and try to send some positivity.

Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2021, 01:13:09 PM »
Of course you matter,  and I’m not the one that made the old members irrelevant.

And I’m not advertising  till I get this mess whipped into some kind of shape, and due to my time limitations, as well as my skill set being more suited to the timeframe of the early 2000’s, before all this severe cross server and website  interaction, I might need to hire sone one to do the back end work.

Lao Tzu

Zeo

• Angel of Vengence
  • Administrator
  • Adept
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2021, 05:15:52 AM »
Troll post removed

Lao Tzu

The Gaming Universe  |  The Site  |  News  |  State of the Site adress Q4 2020

gfxgfx
gfx gfx