Got to be honest about the progress of the site

Started by RetroCheats, September 16, 2021, 07:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroCheats

For many years now, this site has had no major updates, why?

Zeo constantly talks about how he should be in charge, because he can do a better job... but I'm waiting and waiting for these updates, and not seeing any major updates.
The way you bashed Rowan (I bashed him to for progress, I will admit this) on how this site should be yours(Zeo). I would think that would of motivated you a lot more to put a lot more love and passion into this website.

I'm not even going to blame the money issue... just the lack of communication here. Feels like Zeo is so emotionally down atm, that he doesn't even want to post new updates, a new timeline on what his new site goals are, or even conversation starters.

If you want this site to truly strive, then you need to lead it Zeo. This site fell as Jimmy ignored it, then fell again as Rowan ignored it... and now Zeo is ignoring it.
A lot of the staff also blamed each other as well.
To grow a community, you must lead it. You also have to find other respectable/likable members to help you.

I was contacted to join here by a staff member from back then (I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name was strider). I liked the staff at the time.. they were encouraging.

When/if this site becomes active.. if there's a major issue, people are going to count on you Zeo to fix it in a timely fashion. Other smaller issues will need to be solved by staff members... and if the members don't like the staff, they won't stick around.
Another reason why I left AGN fourms is because one of the staff members felt angry and was too ban happy, I felt scared.
It was the main reason why I shared an account when I first joined here(I got scared of being banned on AGN as well, also new to the internet).. I was scared that the staff would also be mean if they found out we shared an account.

Anyways if you really want this site to have members, money or no money.. you got to connect/contact to the people out there, you got to talk to people at the very least.
You don't need money to get people to want to visit, they just have to like you enough to want to visit.

Zeo

I told you in the updates, I DO NOT HAVE THE TIME I DID FOR THE MOST PART UP UNTIL 2019.

I will repeat myself one more time,  I have a game plan and I posted it.  I also SAID this was going to take time.

I would  had this donr and fixed if it was still 2006, but there's too much catching up to do tech wise in as short a time as I would have had to do then.

Also I'm not throwing up half measures, we've gad 10+ years of half measures.  I'm a damn perfectionist, and this will be done RIGHT the first time so I am not playing catch up for the next 15 damn years.

I'll answer the individual details later, but this has been my entire non professional life since I was 19, don't think for a second I'm not going to fix it as best as I can for a second.  I'm not aiming to restore here, I'm aiming to surpass, and sub standard or outdated technology is not going to do that.  And things are far more complicated to be up to 2021 standards the 2006 standards.  Don't doubt my burning desire to school those that betrayed me and tossed me put and then abandoned the place to a care taker, who then seriously damaged it on his way out.

We're coming down off busy season at work(and it really is winding down this time, unlike last year) so it's going time to start making calls and finding out how much i need to save up to get professional assistance for the rebuilding.

Not that I don't appreciate Rowan's offers, but I'm still not happy about the database, and if Rowan was capable of helping me to the point I need, this situation would not be.  I don't think that's changed in a year.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

The hob(sic Fable)runs strong in Retail customers.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu

Zeo

Time constraints currently include
Federal lawsuit
60+ hour a week job
Remodeling

I simply do not have time to quickly learn all the security updates and changes since I was last in the IT field.
All cats have an attitude problem, just most have figured out humans are better at the game. ~Zeo

The hob(sic Fable)runs strong in Retail customers.

Truthful words are not beautiful; beautiful words are not truthful. Good words are not persuasive; persuasive words are not good.
Lao Tzu